Thursday, January 8, 2015

Post 5 > 2 Film Directors

Write about 2 film makers and one of their movies.
wordcount: about 160
Make a comment to me + 2 comments to your classmates


Alex de La  Iglesia is a Spanish director. He was born in 1965. He has filmed a lot of movies and has received several awards in his career.  He usually makes black comedies with twisted characters and dark lives. One of his movies is called El Dia de la Bestia. I dont remember exactly when it was released, around 1994 I think, but this is my favorite. It's about a priest who is obssessed with the end of the world and the arrival of the demon in earth. His mission is to find this demon and kill him. To do it, he finds the help of a death metal fan and and a mystic charlatan. This film is a lot of fun but it also makes you think about a lot of things that are not so trivial. If you haven't seen it, you are missing something good.


Stanley Kubrick was and American director who was born in 1928 and died in 1999. He is considered by many people as one of the most important directors of the 20th century. He made 13 films in his career. Dr Strangelove is a black comedy filmed in 1964. The actor Peter Sellers performed several different roles in this movie, showing fantastic acting skills. The story is a political/military satire set in times of the cold war between USA and the USSR. Again, I like it because it deals with an extremely delicate topic with smart criticism, black humor and wit. If you haven't seen it, do it now and you will not regret it.

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also haven't see "dr. strangelove"... I seek it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen that movie "el dia de la bestia" I hope to see this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! " El día de la bestia" is a magnificent movie! very humorous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "El dia de la bestia" great movie. I really like black comedies..... Well, and Kubrick, What can I say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great movies, but Dr. Strangelove it´s a classical film of my favorite director. The bomb scene is a jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seen two films, although they are not my favorit directors but they have good movies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen "dr. strangelove", today i'm going to see this movie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven´t seen this movies, when I have a freetime I will see it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like both directors, De la Iglesia and Kubrick :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw some Alex de la Iglesia's films, I think he have some good movies, but mostly I don't like it. I prefer Kubrick, he was great! One of the best directors ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. El Dia de la Bestia, it is a very funny film. All Kubrick's films are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  15. kubrick is also one of my favorite directors, without a doubt my favorite movie is "Eyes Wide Shut", because I consider great the mystery that this director creates in some scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Long time without see an old movie, looks interesting

    ReplyDelete